This page lists the awards received by the Technical Editing SIG. Be sure to check out our Volunteer Awards, too. Join STC and become part of our award-winning SIG!
For your development of the innovative Watercooler chat sessions, which are an inspiration to other communities, and for your continued commitment to your Scholarship program, plus your continued strong presence in social media, all of which strengthen your focus on quality and add value for members.
- 2012 Community of Excellence Award
For providing value to your members, and the Society as a whole, through consistently high-quality educational offerings, collaboration with other communities, and initiatives to strengthen your leadership succession plan.
- 2015 STC Gold Communityd
For increasing your membership by offering the innovative watercooler chat sessions, a growing scholarship program, and providing editing resources and leadership, all of which strengthen your focus on quality and add value for members.
- 2013 Community of Excellence Award
Community Achievement Award
- 2016: GOLD Community
- 2014: Community of Excellence
- 2013: Community of Excellence
- 2012: Community of Excellence
- 2011: Community of Distinction
- 2009-2010: Community of Distinction
- 2008-2009: Community of Distinction
For setting clear goals, formulating strategies, and coming up with an execution plan that works through the years-for one of the largest communities in STC!
- 2014 Community of Excellence Award
For your innovative use of watercooler chat sessions, your impressive and useful Web site and Corrigo newsletter, your support of the next generation of technical editors through an active scholarship program, and your efforts to provide extensive networking opportunities at the STC Summit.
- 2011 Community of Distinction Award
For innovations in education and networking for members, generating revenue for STC, and supporting other STC chapters and SIGs.
- 2010 Pacesetter Award
The Pacesetter Award acknowledges a professional or student chapter's contributions to the Society's goals through a single innovative and effective program or activity. More information...
- 2012: Pacesetter Award Winner
- 2010: Pacesetter Award Winner
- 2009: Pacesetter Award Winner
For broadening its use of MySTC in ways that expand their reach to members, fostering interactive communication, and automating the broadcast of SIG activities to multiple channels—all while promoting the MySTC network.
- 2011 Pacesetter Award
- 2016: Award of Excellence, Web & Intranet Sites
- 2015: Award of Excellence, Web & Intranet Sites
- 2014: Award of Excellence, Web & Intranet Sites
- 2013: Award of Excellence, Web & Intranet Sites
- 2012: Award of Excellence, Web & Intranet Sites
- 2011: Award of Excellence, Web & Intranet Sites
- 2010: Award of Excellence, Web & Intranet Sites