1. Quarterly Meeting: Challenges in Editing When English is Not the Writers' Native LanguageJoin us for an informative discussion on editing writers for whom
English is not their native language.
In this webinar, Melanie G. Flanders, a technical editor working in Nanjing, China, will draw upon her strong technical editing and writing background as well as her understanding of the Chinese culture and Mandarin language to:
- Share her experience working with Chinese authors and translators
- Address the challenges of working with writers where English is not their native language
- Provide advice on editing material where key information is missing
The webinar is free to SIG members. For more information and to register, visit the following link:
2. Congratulations, Honorees!The Society for Technical Communication recently conferred the honor of Fellow or Associate Fellow to four SIG members.
- John Kohl
- Lori Meyer
- Heather Sommerville
- Patricia Moell
An STC Associate Fellow is a Senior Member formally recognized by the Society for attaining distinction in the field of technical communication. Associate Fellows who continue to excel in the field can receive the rank of Fellow, the highest honor for an STC member. STC Fellows contribute to the profession and the Society at the highest level, as indicated by their publications, presentations, awards, mentoring, leadership, and community service.
A hearty congratulations to this year's honorees!