Live ChatUse this page to chat with other SIG members... live.
To chat using the embedded IRC client below:
- Enter a nickname for yourself. If your nickname is taken, try adding a numeral to the name.
- Do not check the "Auth to services" checkbox. It is unnecessary to chat.
- Enter the CAPTCHA code.
This is required to protect the channel from automated "bots." Click Reload if you cannot view the code.
- Click Connect. See About Our IRC Chat (below) for more information.
About Our IRC Chat
Chat and Browse Other Pages Simultaneously
To chat in a separate window, use this link: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=stc_te_sig. You can continue to browse the web without leaving your chat session.
New to IRCIf you're new to IRC, this tutorial explains the basics, including how to change your nickname.
Tips for Writing Chat Posts
- Please DO share your thoughts, opinions, and resources. This chat is a time for us to share all perspectives.
- Typos are OK here. We're all trying to type and read quickly, so a few errors might crop up.
- Be cautious with humor, if in doubt focus on good grammar and unequivocal statements.
- The moderators will guide the conversation. If an off-topic thread gets lengthy, they will ask for that thread be taken to email or to the SIG discussion list.
- For contentious topics, consider your tone from the perspective of other SIG members before you post.
IRC Connection DetailsThis chat widget uses the qwebirc widget to create a channel on IRC (Internet Relay Chat).
You can also connect by using your own IRC client:
- Channel: #stc_te_sig
- Server: irc.freenode.net